FEATURED ARTICLES: POPULATION HEALTH MANAGEMENT
How Can Technology Improve Population Health?
Population health traditionally has focused on things like hospitalization rates, epidemiological surveillance and aggregate trends across groups of people, regions, etc., rather than just focusing on an individual person. While important perspectives, these data trends can be too narrow, emphasizing only symptoms, problems and pathology.
Targeting High-Risk Patients: A Population Health Strategy1/7/2019
Population health is a hot topic within the healthcare industry, as providers move from traditional fee-based to value-based models. In the annual Numerof State of Population Health Survey, 95 percent of the U.S. C-suite healthcare executives surveyed ranked population health as “moderately” and “critically” important.
Using Technology To Build Personal Patient Relationships5/7/2018
Technology is becoming an integral part of every interaction people have, and they are coming to expect it. Just like in other aspects of their lives, patients want their healthcare providers to keep up with the changing times, and implement technology in their practices. No longer do patients want the inconvenience of a phone call or a post card reminding them of an upcoming appointment. They are looking for convenient digital options.
The Transition From Survey-Ready To Patient-Ready5/2/2018
True healthcare transformation is happening, and I’m lucky enough to get to see it happening on a daily basis.
- 5 Health IT Trends To Watch For In 2018
- Quality Management System: Why It Matters And Its Impact On Patient Outcomes
- How Online Tools Increase Patient Retention
- Why Effective PHM Requires A Real-Time Clinical Perspective
- Hospital Systems Adopt Actionable Analytics For Better Clinical, Financial, And Operational Outcomes
- For Better Outcomes, Add One Part Joy
CASE STUDIES & WHITE PAPERS
Journey To Value: The State Of Value Based Reimbursement9/18/2017
Value-Based Payment Hits The Tipping Point: Second in a series of national research studies on healthcare’s transition from volume to value.
Reinventing Claims Payment For A Value Based World9/18/2017
The U.S. healthcare industry’s claims-payment system is frustrating to providers, payers, and patients alike. Inefficiency and a systemwide tendency for error wastes precious resources, worsens miscommunication and mistrust among all stakeholders, and inhibits the ability to transition to value-based approaches that achieve better outcomes. We need to rethink our industry’s disjointed and siloed approach in order to solve a very integrated problem.
How Bright Oaks Pediatrics Provides Patients Quality Pediatric-Specific Experiences7/3/2017
Improve quality of care through a pediatric specific EHR technology
Using Data To Drive Process Improvement And Enhance The Patient Experience6/20/2017
One year ago, Jackson Health System in Miami realized a cultural shift was necessary in order to move forward. By Bill Griffith, Vice President of Business Process/Operational Improvement for Jackson Health System, Miami
FROM THE EDITOR'S DESK
Is Big Data Fueling Breaches?
Data breaches continue to dominate healthcare headlines, leading one to wonder if the unprecedented growth of Big Data is to blame? Health Data Consortium CEO Chris Boone shares his thoughts on this subject and more.
ABOUT POPULATION HEALTH MANAGEMENT
Population health management is a model that looks beyond those who need immediate medical care by helping physicians to assess their entire patient population and divide it into various groups. These groups often consist of three main categories: those who are healthy and need to stay healthy, those that have health risks, and those with chronic conditions. Healthy individuals are often managed by having them keep up with preventative care measures. Those with health risks often need to change or stop certain behaviors to reduce their risks. And, those with chronic conditions need to prevent further complications by working with their health providers and changing their health behaviors.
The goal of population health management is improving the overall health of an entire population. Treating health at a population level typically means focusing on improving environment, social structure, and resource distribution. Family planning programs, for instance, play a major role in population health and are one of the most highly cost-effective interventions in medicine.
Partnership Delivers Clinically Relevant Information For Personalized PHM2/28/2017
Patient-specific analytics and intuitive clinigraphic interface allow clinicians to act on what matters most. By Christine Kern, contributing writer
- Hospital Setting Variations Are Crucial For Positive Patient Outcomes
- Unified Data Architecture Allows Patient Insights
- Public Health 3.0 Blueprint Aims To Redesign Community Health Strategies
- Partnership Expands Digital Health Coaching, Patient Engagement
- Bringing The Retail Edge To Healthcare: How Hospitals Can Better Retain Business
POPULATION HEALTH MGMT. NEWS
- MEDITECH Selects Validic For Digital Health Platform
- ZeOmega Aims To Reduce Readmissions, Lower Healthcare Costs And Improve Patient Experience With Jiva 5.6 Population Health Management Solution
- Upcoming Webinar: The Four Building Blocks Of Population Health Management
- Upcoming Webinar: The Power Of Data: Igniting Meaningful, Scalable, And Sustainable Change
- Hallmark Health Partners With athenahealth For Improved Care Coordination And More Proactive Population Health Management