FROM THE EDITOR
HIMSS15 Provides Both Clarity & Confusion
Interoperability and Population Health Management were once again the hottest topics at the health IT industry’s largest conference. The event helped to clarify efforts in one of these areas while muddling the messages delivered in the other.
The Medical Director of Austin Anesthesiology Group discovers a new way to communicate with team members in multiple operating rooms during both clean and sterile procedures by using the Pryme® Wireless Push-to-Talk (PTT) Button to activate the Zello instant messaging application.
HEALTH IT VOICES
Cari McLean is a Social Media Strategist for HIMSS specializing in building relationships with audiences by creating engaging content and social media experiences that drive business outcomes. Cari recently took time to sit with Todd Schnick, host of Health IT Voices, to discuss HIMSS15 being held April 12-16 in Chicago. In particular, Cari discussed the role social media plays at HIMSS - both at the conference and year round.
Ken Congdon, Editor In Chief at Health IT Outcomes, will be speaking at HIMSS15 about driving health IT ROI with data analytics. Ken will walk attendees through a series of provider case studies showing how to leverage data analytics to maximize payback from their health IT investments. He also took time recently to talk with Todd Schnick, host of Health IT Voices, about his presentation and the role of EHRs and technology in successfully achieving Meaningful Use.
TWEETS FROM @HIMSSTweets From @HIMSS
4 Ways AI Is The Future Of Hospitals7/7/2022
Hospitals are often caught in a tug-of-war choosing between time-tested methods and the razor’s edge of new research when it comes to adopting new treatments, processes, and technology. Venturing into the uncharted waters of advanced technologies and innovative techniques can be unsettling, but the payoff for hospital systems and patients can lead to improved patient experience, quality, and outcomes.
Hometown Heroes: How Hutchinson Clinic Saved Their Patients And Their Bottom Line3/16/2022
Amid the sights and sounds of the annual Kansas State Fair, the buzz of the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center and the fanfare surrounding Hutchinson Community College basketball games, you’ll find the 40,000 locals who call Hutchinson home. “Hutch” as it’s affectionately known, is the largest city and county seat in Reno County, Kansas.
Improving Patient Outcomes & Driving Revenue In An Era Of Value-Based Care11/29/2021
Healthcare costs per capita in the United States are increasing at an alarming rate. Overall spending reached $3.8 trillion in 2019. Between $760-$935 billion of the overall cost of healthcare is attributed to waste, overtreatment, low-value care, and failure of care coordination.
Changed For The Better: A Shared Digital Communication Solution8/31/2021
Fortunately for humans, we’re masters at adaptation. Whether it’s encountering different climates, environments, cultures, or even pandemics, homo sapiens have a knack for being able to deal with just about anything that Mother Nature throws at us. Though cultural anthropology dubs this ability to acclimate “biological plasticity,” actor Clint Eastwood, as a Marine in a 1980s war film, puts it more succinctly: “You adapt. You overcome. You improvise.”
Consumer-Oriented Patients Expect A Better Technology Experience7/28/2021
Feeling much like an Olympic gymnast’s acrobatic routine, patients’ healthcare experience over the past 18 months has endured a dizzying series of twists, turns, and somersaults—albeit without the benefit of Dramamine. Patients found themselves caught up in COVID-induced disruptions and often didn’t know if or when they could safely access care. Thankfully now, things are returning to some semblance of normalcy as the vaccine proliferates and cases plunge.
Changing Patient Communications Preferences And The Race For Providers To Adapt6/15/2021
The Japanese scholar Kakuzō Okakura once said, “The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings.” Or to put it in more colloquial terms—change sucks, but it’s a part of life, so deal with it.
- InnovaQor, Inc. Announces Launch Of Medical Mime’s Automated Billing Solution
- Bryan Health Selects Health Catalyst To Accelerate Healthcare Transformation
- Smart Private 5G Network And A Revolutionary Health App Set To Transform Patient Care: Synch Communication™ And Rambam Hospital Join Forces
- QHSLab, Inc. Announces Representation Agreement With Healthcare Information Technology Specialists Of Florida
- Elation Health Acquires Medical Billing Company Lightning MD To Accelerate Market's First Primary Care All-In-One Solution
- Clinetic Establishes Agreement With 10Th Leading Academic Health System
- ONC-Certified EHR Software ModuleMD Partners With Chronic Care Management Software Well Living Initiative
- CARE4 Project Delivers Single Patient Portal Across Acute, Ambulatory Settings With MEDITECH Expanse
- Veradigm And HealthVerity Collaborate To Advance Real-World Evidence And Care For Patients With Cardiovascular Disease And Diabetes
- Syneos Health Partners With Equicare, Optimizing Data Capture And Integration To Accelerate Clinical Trial Research