OnBase Integration for Microsoft BizTalk provides a front end solution for business processes that use data existing in multiple line-of-business applications but also require a user interface in order to expedite the business process.
Companies that use Microsoft BizTalk as a data interchange for disparate business applications can extend that capability to an advanced ECM and process management advantage by incorporating OnBase Integration for Microsoft BizTalk.
OnBase Integration for Microsoft BizTalk provides a front end solution for business processes that use data existing in multiple line-of-business applications but also require a user interface in order to expedite the business process. The forms creation capabilities of OnBase from BizTalk data can automatically procure required documents using information that already exists in other systems, as well as facilitate workflows that require documents and user decisioning. Documents and keywords can be shared back out to the BizTalk environment for the benefit of other applications, keeping disparate business applications up-to-date with a greatly reduced dependence on manual updating of duplicate data to multiple applications.
OnBase Integration for Microsoft BizTalk enables OnBase to be a part of the data interchange environment. Organizations also realize the added benefit of providing efficient document management features to processes that require user evaluation or management without having to manually seek out and re-enter data that exists in other line-of-business systems. Available options include:
- Archiving documents from other systems into OnBase(including InfoPath® documents),
- Automatically applying BizTalk or InfoPath field values as keywords
- Creating e-forms
- Updating document keyword values with BizTalk metadata
- Messaging out document data for another system to pick up, including keyword information, workflow queues and document history.
For example, an insurance company has separate systems for underwriting, claims processing and back office accounting. When a potential customer applies for insurance over the phone, the applicant information is manually entered into the underwriting system. With Integration for Microsoft BizTalk, the applicant data can be messaged out and imported into OnBase in the form of keyword data and used to create an application e-form that kicks off the application workflow. Once approved, keywords will be updated to include the new customer ID, the types of insurance purchased and any relevant keyword data, which is then messaged back out of OnBase to become available to the back office accounting system and the underwriting system, greatly reducing the need for keying the same information into multiple disparate systems. In addition, the entire customer file is available for review through the OnBase folders interface to ensure that all required data and documents exist.
- Makes OnBase documents and data available to diverse autonomous applications in a BizTalk environment without custom programming, increasing efficiencies in business processes
- Provides a single user interface for processes that require evaluation of documents and data from disparate applications to ensure quality
- Imports InfoPath forms into OnBase, using InfoPath field values as OnBase document keywords
- Creates e-forms in OnBase, using BizTalk field values as form fields and keyword values
- Enables external applications to query OnBase for document information, including keyword values, workflow queues and document history
- Enables external applications to update keyword values that exist on OnBase documents or in AutoFill Keyword Sets
- Enables external systems to import a document from an external application into OnBase, using BizTalk field values as keyword values
- Shares OnBase documents and keywords out to a BizTalk environment for the benefit of external disparate applications