Blessing Hospital, located in Quincy, Illinois, serves a 15-county area that covers southeast Iowa, northeast Missouri, and western Illinois. A not-for-profit, not-tax-supported, independent hospital, Blessing has 300 beds, a medical staff of more than 240 physicians, and a team of more than 2,000 employees. A new $70 million patient care addition will be ready early in 2015.
- Meet health information exchange criteria for Stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements to facilitate the electronic movement of health-related information between Blessing and other external healthcare organizations.
- Improve the revenue cycle process to reduce accounts receivable days and the number of Medicare rejections.
- Meet ever-changing requirements within the healthcare industry and mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
- Mitigate risks associated with implementing a patient financial management system (Allscripts).
- Transform data from Blessing’s new patient financial management system into HL7 formats and messages, so downstream systems can understand it.
Download the full case study below to discover the benefits.