Global health systems are finding it increasingly challenging to deal with aging populations and the increased prevalence of chronic disease. The potential for care coordination and alignment of payment incentives to meeting increased need is well documented, however fully realized examples are less readily available.
Maccabi Healthcare Services (Maccabi) in partnership with physicians, and a foundation of technology investments, delivers a coordinated care solution to over 1.9 million members in Israel (25 percent of the Israeli market).
Maccabi has a yearly income of $2.6B USD. Since 1984, Maccabi has proactively invested in the ongoing development and maintenance of its ICT system.
Maccabi has pioneered connected care by putting in place the coordination necessary amongst health providers to manage all required patient care activities. Maccabi members and physicians benefit from a comprehensive, progressive, fully computerized health system that incorporates:
- ID numbers and demographic information for each member
- Physician visits including diagnoses and treatments
- Medication prescriptions and purchases at Maccabi pharmacies and 700 private pharmacies as well
- Diagnostic procedures and results: laboratory, pathology, genetic lab etc.
- Visits to expert consultation clinics and para-medical centers
- Visits to out-patient hospital clinics
- Visits and treatment by supportive and para-medical services such as physiotherapy and occupational therapy
Access This Content To Read This White Paper In Its Entirety.