ADP AdvancedMD 2012 Summer release also adds UI upgrades, ICD-10 tools
ADP AdvancedMD, a leader in all-in-one, cloud-based electronic health record (EHR), practice management (PM), and medical scheduling software as well as medical billing services, recently announced the successful deployment of its 2012 Summer release, which introduces the company’s user-friendly Apple iPad app, additional ICD-10 tools, and best practices workflow for pediatric practices.
"Physicians are using iPads en masse and expect practical and easy-to-use applications that allow them to be untethered from their desk and practice," said Raul Villar, president, ADP AdvancedMD. "In this release we focused on delivering the most critical scheduling, messaging and chart ing functions in a way that makes them fun and easy to use."
iPad use by U.S. doctors has nearly doubled in the past year according to Manhattan Research, which also found that more than 60 percent of doctors use an iPad for professional purposes. "Although many medical practice software vendors offer iPad compatibility, our iPad solution has been designed from inception to combine the intuitive iPad interface with the important mobile functions in the EHR and PM," said Steve ZoBell, vice president of product development, ADP AdvancedMD. "Based on detailed input from our physician council, we have made increasing physician productivity on a mobile solution remarkably simple."
"Rapid information retrieval and input is essential for efficient EHR workflows and healthcare. It is no surp rise that doctors are adopting iPads at an incredible rate due to their ease of use and portability," said Joseph Martins, managing director, Data Mobility Group. "This latest release by AdvancedMD shows how strong investment in a well thought-out product, combined with wise platform choices, such as the iPad, help make physicians’ lives easier."
"The most important thing for me is to have something mobile that will give me instant access to patient information," said Robert Carlin, M.D., internal medicine. "Everything from medicine history, to the last time I saw the patient, to chart access in real-time is key to patient safety. The AdvancedMD iPad app is an amazing, easy-to-use tool that has allowed me to have this critical data at my fingertips anytime, anywhere."
"One thing I’m excite d about with AdvancedMD on the iPad is the use of the scheduler when we greet people," said Hugh Glatts, administrator, Mittleman Eye Center. "The iPad is the first piece of technology they see and it is sure to ‘wow’ our patients while giving our team an elegant way to verify patient and resource schedules."
The AdvancedMD iPad app will be available later this summer as a free download through the Apple App Store.
Additional improvements available in the 2012 summer release demonstrate continued strong investment from ADP in AdvancedMD cloud software, and include:
• User Experience –A simple, retooled new look to the desktop environment makes it easier to work across all aspects of the solution for greater clarity and ease of use.
• Enhanced Credit Card Management – As a continuation of the robust and integrated credit card solutions, pr actices can simplify their process of collecting the patient portion of their services. Add patient credit cards, manage payments, automatically process and collect balances prior to generating statements, all within the AdvancedMD cloud.
• Credit Balance Transfer – A practice now can apply credit patient balances within a family from one patient to another, improving speed of payment as well as patient satisfaction.
• Patient Photos – Adding a photo through an easy one-step process keeps a visual reminder with the patient record so everyone in the practice can provide quicker, more personal service to patients and help avoid wrong chart mistakes.
• Pediatric Workflow – Improvements to pediatric EHR workflow enables faster data entry during charting and simplified steps to accomplish commonly used functions such as vaccine entry and creating and printing growth charts.
• ICD –10 codes – While the regulations have not been finalized, a change from ICD-9 is inevitable. The ADP AdvancedMD 2012 Summer Release allows practices to begin familiarizing themselves with the migration to the next generation of clinical coding.
Automatic Data Processing, Inc., with about $10B in revenues and approximately 570,000 clients, is one of the world’s largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, tax and benefits administration and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, and heavy equipment dealers throughout the world. For more information, visit http://www.ADP.com.
SOURCE: Automatic Data Processing, Inc.