Clinical Practice Management - Using Business Intelligence For Real-Time DecisionsSource: Origin Healthcare Solutions
Many organizations have started to utilize the latest business intelligence technology to monitor real-time clinical practice information. Such analysis can provide a practice with critical information needed to improve clinical and financial performance and comply with payer and regulatory requirements.
There are numerous options for business intelligence solutions. When selecting a business intelligence system, it should at a minimum:
- Provide actionable information at a glance through graphs, gauges, key performance indicators;
- Deliver data via the web, emails, scheduled reports, etc.;
- Allow filters to drill down into the data to identify specific detail that can be acted upon;
- Have the ability to extract and integrate different types of data from multiple systems;
- Provide the ability for trend analysis and forecasting